by Fikile Ndlovu
OLOA CWL held their retreat on the 16th June 2018 at the Salesian Hall joined by all CWL parishes. It was joy to have close to 100 CWL members attending the retreat. Different speakers made beautiful and remarkable presentations on various topics.
1. MARRIAGE AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH by Fr Ndwandwe- Marriage in 5 elements
References Gen 2:19-24, Rev 19:9, Ephesians 5:31, Gen 1:28
1. A covenant- surrendering in love to one another through their relationship.
2. A partnership- partners are responsible for their actions, no enforcing of one’s values on the other.
3. For the well being of the spouse and the children.
4. Marriage must be between man and woman.Church discourages same sex and polygamous marriage.
5. Marriage is intro-sexual and not a status
2.MARY ‘S SONG by Mrs L. Bhembe
Mary was a prayerful woman
She was not surprised by challenges faced by her son.
Mary had a goal in life and had the following characteristics
(1) Full of love for God and people
(5) Human- through faith and prayer
3.COMMITMENT AND LOYALTY IN RELATION TO THE CWL THEME OF THUMA MINA AND EMBRACING THE CWL MOTTO “,CHARITY,WORK,LOYALTY” by Fr Francis
He mentioned that once you accept to be sent, then you can be committed, then you go out to work and you become loyal.
Isaiah 6:8 says “Then I heard the Lord saying, whom shall I send, I said ” Here I am send me”
He emphasized on always availing yourself for work for your solidarity regardless of whether others are working or not.
Competition amongst other groups in the parish will always be there but just focus on your call and responsibility, we are in church for togetherness and eternal life. Your work must speak for itself.
Loyalty is to keep the secrets of the sodality. leaders and church. Talking about the negative with others,it will only kill your sodality. Our first vocation is the call to be Christians then all the rest shall fall into place.
Holy mass was celebrated at the Salesian chapel by Fr Motsa
The Rosary prayer was recited by all members
It was a great day of spiritual uplifting, fulfilling , singing and rejoicing with the Lord.